TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Courses are non-refundable after purchase and 48-hour notice required to reschedule practical training dates otherwise a £50 fee will apply.
These terms apply when you book a course on the website with Celestial Beauty Training Academy.
References in these terms and conditions
Celestial Beauty Training Academy = “us” “we” “our”
Student = “you” “your”
Practical Training includes Practical Assessments
You must be aged 18 or over.
Payment is required in full at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to amend course prices or run promotions at any time, without prior notice. Once a booking is made, the price paid is final and no price difference can be refunded to you in the event of a later course price reduction.
For all courses, bookings must be made using the online service available.
If the course start date is within 48 hours, you may, in these circumstances, telephone us to check the course availability and if available, to pay the course fee.
The course must be booked giving your full and accurate details at the point of paying for each course. Any later amendments to your details will incur an administration fee of £25 per course. In the event of any amendments required by you, you must contact us at least 48 hours before the course start date.
Should you later change your name either prior to or 48 hours after successful completion of a course, you must provide us with evidence of the name change. Failure to do so, may incur an administration fee of £25.
The course booked and paid for by you cannot be transferred to another person.
Once the course has been booked and paid for by you, an email will be sent on or before the next working day confirming the booking made. The booking is only completed once confirmation you have been booked on the course has been sent to you by us.
Bookings made online outside normal working hours
You will be offered an alternative date or a refund within 5 working days of a booking date for any bookings made online outside working hours, which is unavailable or cancelled.
Receipts for a booked course are available, at your request, within 12 months of the date of paying for the course.
All course fees are non-refundable to you by us.
The courses are taught in English and a good command of English is required both written and spoken by you. If you have enrolled on a course and are unable to speak and understand English, you may be refused the accredited certificate and no refund of the fee paid will be given.
All practical training must be booked within 3 months of booking your course online, unless otherwise agreed in writing at the time of booking by us. Should you fail to complete the training within 3 months and the course is later changed or no longer offered, no refunds will be offered to you by us.
Practical training can be booked with us by you, once your booking has been confirmed. This is available either by:
- Virtual live practical training sessions; and/or
- Practical training attending at our salon or other venue, as notified to you by us.
Virtual practical training sessions
Virtual live practical training sessions, are included in the price you pay for the course booking online. You will be required to purchase your own products for the purpose of this training. Products/kits can be purchased from Celestial Beauty Training Academy.
Practical training sessions, attending at our salon or other venue as notified to you
Practical training sessions at our salon or other venue, must be booked within 3 months of receipt by you of the booking confirmation from us. Each training session booked, will incur an additional fee of £50 per session, which must be paid by you at the time of booking.
All equipment and products are provided by us on the day scheduled for the training.
Transferring the booking to a later date:
In exceptional circumstances and at the sole discretion of us, in the event:
- You are ill
- Compassionate reasons
- Other exceptional reasons, which will be considered on a case by case basis by us
And subject to:
- You giving us notice of cancellation; and
- The availability of the booked course at a later date; and
- Payment of an administration fee of £50
your booking may be transferred to a later date.
If the booking is transferred to a later date, we are unable to guarantee that the course booked will still be available or that the course content will be the same as the content at the time you booked the course. In these circumstances, you may, at our discretion, be able to transfer the fee paid towards an alternative course offered by us. Any credited fees, in these circumstances, must be used towards a course within 6 months of the cancellation.
No refund, alternative date or credit towards an alternative course is payable by us in the event you fail to attend any re-scheduled training for any reason.
Cancellation by us
We are unable to offer refunds for cancellations which our outside of our control, to include, but not limited to:
- Adverse weather
- Terrorist attacks
- Industrial action
- Coronavirus or other unprecedented situations leading to temporary closure for public health reasons issued by the Government
We are not responsible for any loss of income, accommodation/travelling costs you may incur due the cancellation of courses.
An alternative training date will be offered in the event we cancel your booking for one of the above or associated reasons.
When you attend the practical training, at our salon or other venue, you may be required to bring your own model.
If a model is required, your model must attend 48 hours before the day scheduled for the training for a patch test.
During the training you may be required to give and receive treatments. You must also attend for a patch test 48 hours before the day scheduled for the training.
At the time of booking you must make us aware of any medical conditions, medication being taken or pregnancy.
Once the course has started, you must also inform us of any changes in your medical condition, any medication being taken or pregnancy.
A medical certificate may be required in line with our insurance obligations and must be provided when requested by us.
Where possible, adjustments to accommodate medical conditions will be made by us.
Due to health and safety, if you are pregnant, you will not be permitted to take part in the practical training. The following exceptions to this rule apply:
- Make up courses
You may be unable to undertake the following courses if you are receiving certain treatments, or have undergone cosmetic procedures to include surgery, dermal fillers or any kind of semi-permanent make up/facial tattooing or micro-blading:
- Brows, lash extensions, lash and brow tinting and lash lift courses
- Facial massage & skincare, electrical facials & microdermabrasion courses
If you are undertaking electrical facial treatments &/or microdermabrasion training courses you will be required to complete a document outlining any medical conditions that may affect your suitability for the courses. This must be completed and returned immediately on receipt and within 48 hours of the date scheduled for the courses. Once received, we will notify you if you are able to attend the scheduled training courses.
Failure to inform at the start of the course and throughout the course, of any changes in respect of any:
- medical conditions;
- medication being taken;
- pregnancy; and
- failure to provide us with a medical certificate when requested, either at the start of the course or as the course progresses; and
- failure to return the document when received from us, outlining your medical conditions and/or medication and/or pregnancy
may result in you being unable to participate in the practical training. In these circumstances, the course fee will not be refunded.
It is a requirement that you give and receive waxing treatments. You must attend the course with not less than 5mm of hair growth. If you are unable to take part because you are not prepared for the treatments, you will lose the course fees.
Due to the nature of these treatments, male students are required to bring a suitable female model to carry out the treatment on.
Manicure; pedicure, nail extensions and gel polish courses
Nail extensions, nail polish to include gel polish, must be removed by you before you attend the courses. Failure to do this, may result in you being unable to participate in the course and a fee for rescheduling of £50 applied.
Eyelash extensions, lash & brow tint and lash lift courses
You must ensure, if you have eyelash extensions these are removed prior to training involving eyelashes.
Skincare, electrical facials & microdermabrasion courses
You must ensure all eyelash extensions are removed before attending the courses. You will be required to remove your make up as part of giving and receiving treatments.
Please arrive at the training centre 10 minutes before the course start time. If you arrive late, you will not be able to join the training. In this event, you should contact us by email email@example.com to reschedule the training when a fee of £50 will apply.
If you return late from any arranged breaks, or do not stay for the full course time, you will not be able to complete the course and will forfeit the course fee.
Assessment case studies
Assessment case studies will be given to you by us at the time of the practical training.
No later than one month after completion of the practical training, you will be required to submit your assessment case studies to us.
Assessment case studies, which are submitted by you later than one month after completion of the practical training, can only be submitted with our express agreement to accept the late submission.
Late submissions, which are agreed by us with you, will incur an administration fee of £25, which will be payable by you to us at the time of your submission.
In exceptional circumstances and dependent on the number of courses you book with us, at our sole discretion, assessment case studies can be submitted more than one month after completion of the practical training. In these circumstances, an administration fee will not be charged to you by us.
Accredited Certificates following successful completion of your training
Certificates will, subject to bank holidays, be issued to you once you have successfully completed a course, electronically by email, within 2 working days after completion.
Hard copies of the Certificates are available on request within 30 days of completing a course and will incur a fee of £20 per certificate. You will be required to pay this to us before we send the hard copy certificates to you.
You are responsible for ensuring the certificate issued is correct and accurate. Any errors in the certificate or if the certificate has not been received within 30 working days of successfully completing the course, may incur charges for any replacement certificates required.
Replacement certificates for a course successfully completed more than 30 working days either electronically or hard copy will incur a fee of £20 and sent within 5 working days of the request.
Portfolios submitted towards your case study assessments will be retained on file by us for 6 months, after which, we reserve the right to dispose of the portfolio through confidential waste collection. You must contact us within 6 months of the submission of the portfolio if you do not wish us to dispose of it. You will be responsible for paying for postage and packaging before we will return the portfolio.
Code of Conduct when attending practical training sessions at our salon or other venue
- Punctuality is essential.
- We cannot accept any liability or responsibility for loss, damage or theft of personal property. Any property left behind by a student will be held for 7 days, following which it will be disposed of. Students are responsible for collecting any items left by them and must be collected by the student within 7 days.
- Products/tools provided at the training centre remain the property of us and must not be removed by you. Any items removed, will be treated as theft and reported to the Police.
- You are required to use all due care to avoid any damage to items of equipment provided by us.
- You may be responsible for paying for any items of equipment damaged by you.
- Please use tools/equipment or products only as directed by us and when prompted by us. If asked to stop the treatments and stop using the equipment by us, this must be done immediately.
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited during training and turned off outside any scheduled breaks.
- No smoking is permitted to include nicotine; e-cigarettes/vaporisers or chewing gum.
- You must not attend the training under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during your attendance for your training. You will be asked to leave the training centre where we suspect you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs and the police may be contacted as appropriate.
- Training is offered on mixed sex basis and you must be prepared to give and receive treatments from students of the opposite sex. If there is any reasons of belief, faith or religion which prohibits this, please advise us before booking any courses.
- Male students will be required to provide a female model for the waxing courses and assessment days.
- You are required to be respectful and courteous at all times. No use of foul language; or abuse of any kind to include racism will not be tolerated.
- You are asked to avoid discussions of a sensitive nature or unrelated topics during the training.
- You must behave in a professional manner which is expected by a beauty professional working in a salon environment.
- You must work cooperatively and respectfully with us and take feedback and guidance seriously to allow you to acquire and demonstrate the required level of competence upon the training courses. Outbursts of a disruptive nature will not be tolerated.
- Verbal, physical or written abuse will not be tolerated at any time and will result in immediate verbal warning from us. Should your misconduct continue, you will be asked to leave the training immediately. You will not be entitled to continue the training and will not receive the accredited certificate. No course fees will be refunded.
- You must notify us immediately if you are experiencing difficulties with the course or in respect of issues relating to other students. Any issues will be handled in the strictest of confidence but will not be permitted as grounds for any refund of course fees or additional training, where it is not raised on the day of training to allow us the opportunity to remedy the situation.
- Photographic ID must be shown to us at every practical course if requested. Entry may be refused without this.
We will keep your personal information private and only retained by us for as long as the purpose for which the information was provided by you is required.
All personal information, once it is no longer required for the purpose of satisfying audit, legal regulatory or accounting requirements, or to protect our interests, will be archived and any hard copy documents destroyed, through confidential waste disposal.
For Data Protection reasons, to protect the privacy of all our students, you will not be permitted to take photographs or record the training, either audio or video.
We may, with express agreement of a student or model take, photographs for marketing and/or promotional purposes.
We may also, with your express permission, show any feedback you may give us on our courses, on our website. All your personal details, to include name, email and home address, will remain private.
Any information which is obtained through analysis of server logs and through the use of “cookies” placed on user machines will remain private.
Any personal information will only be used by us in accordance with the GDPR requirements. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information.
- We have legitimate business grounds for processing your personal information pursuant to European privacy laws and include:
- In order to communicate with you about our services. This will exclude marketing information, unless you have given your express consent to receive this from us.
- In order to improve our service, we may use your personal information to personalise aspects of our service and for market research. You have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we will stop processing your personal information, unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case will contact you and explain why we are continuing to process your personal information. Please contact us if you wish to exercise this right.
Your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018
You have the following rights under this Act:
- The right to be informed about the personal data being processed
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to receive an electronic copy of your personal data
- Rights relating to automated decision making including profiling.
You can exercise these rights at any time and we will not, pursuant to the law, charge you fee to process your request. However, if your request is considered by us to be repetitive, wholly unfounded and/or excessive, we may be entitled to charge a reasonable administration fee.
In exercising these rights, there may be some situations where we are unable to fully meet your request. Examples include, but are not limited to, personal data required for the purpose of our taxation requirements, for the prevention of crime and for regulatory or other statutory purposes. In addition, where there is a substantial public interest, which may take precedence over your request. We are required to allow access to this data for law enforcement, legal and/or health and safety matters.
Where we are reliant on third parties, your request may take additional time for us to process.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to amend or modify this policy at any time. Any changes will be published on our website.
If you are unhappy with any aspect in which we process your personal data, please, in the first instance, contact us. Should you remain unhappy, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, who can be contacted using their website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns or calling their helpline: 0303 123 1113.